Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Things aren't always what they seem

So in my last post I mentioned some excitement about taking wedding gifts out of the attic.  These things have been sitting up there for 3 years waiting to be rediscovered.    Well today was the day.  I was quite enthusiastic and began by getting out tableware and flatware so I could wash it and put it away.  My flatware is a 65 piece set that has 12 of each: knives, dinner forks, salad forks, and spoons.   And then the basic serving utensils.  I began by opening the box containing the knives and proceeded with the dinner and salad forks putting all of them in the dishwasher.  But as I went to open the box of spoons what did I find??? MORE forks!

Ahhh....talk about disappointment and frustration.   I started thinking about how or if it was possible to return them after 3 whole years.  I mean, what am I going to do with 48 FORKS and ZERO spoons?!  I have the proof of purchase sticker since it was a wedding gift, but unfortunately the store doesn't even carry this style of flatware anymore.  At this point I have put everything back in the box, and I will make a trip to the store to plead with them to exchange my flatware.  But oh what a pain!

I guess I'll find out soon enough just how good this store's return policy is.

No comments:

Post a Comment